Wednesday, April 16, 2014

Google I/O Can't Come Soon Enough

I know everyone is thinking June 25th cannot come sooner!

Google plans to release their new Hera design for their apps and possibly their icons. In the past few weeks there has been a few leaks of the new Gmail and Calendar apps with the Hera design, and just today, images of the new Google+ app leak following the same design.

It would seem the folks in Mountain View, CA are going full force with this "new" flat design. I guess the well received response from the users of both Apple's iOS and Samsung's TouchWiz flat UI has given Google the push to re-imagine their own look to Android and it's Google services.

The fine people over at Android Headlines haven gotten their hands on the leaked images of the new Google+ design and I have to say I am really liking the new direction Google is taking Android. We all know at I/O will showcase just about all of what is in store for Android in the coming months when the new version of Android is released. The best part about all of this is, you don't need to be on the latest version of the OS to enjoy these new redesigned apps. I would assume you would need to be on Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich at the very least but, don't take my word for it.

Below is the leaked images of Google+, Gmail, and the new Calendar apps.




Google+ Source: Google+ Redesign




No comments:

Post a Comment