Thursday, April 17, 2014

App Of The Day - Carbon For Twitter

Once a day, I am going to go through the Play Store and review an app. Photo apps, social network apps, maybe a game or two, (I'm not much for gaming on my phone).

Today I'm going over a slightly older app that is for Twitter that I think needs to be re-introduced. 

Carbon for Twitter on Android, designed by Dots&Lines and if you haven't noticed by my previous posts, I am a sucker for a well designed app. For me a design is what is going to catch your attention before anything else. Now that's not to say I don't like a well functioning app as well and, Carbon for Twitter gives both a great design and functionality. In-app browsers seem to be all the rage when it comes to Twitter apps.

Tapping a tweet will bring up your options to reply, quote, retweet, favorite, share, and view conversation and makes any links or hashtags clickable. The "Tweet button" is just a floating plus sign next to your profile picture in the bottom right hand corner. If you tap on your profile picture, you are presented with your favorites, your lists, retweets of your tweets, your profile, settings, mute, search, and trending topics. All nicely done and out of the way.

Swiping right to left brings you to your mentions and other swipe brings you to your direct messages. With simple animations Carbon is fast, smooth, and dare I say elegant? If you have a device with on screen buttons like a Nexus 5 or a more recent Motorola device like the Moto X/G then your on screen buttons and status bar icons fade away giving you an even more elegant look and feel and a a pull to refresh with a Star Wars like animation.

Below are some screenshots of the app. 


As far as I know, the developer has not released anything for iOS and this only on Android. Thanks for reading! Share if you liked it!

No comments:

Post a Comment