Tuesday, May 20, 2014

The Start Of Project Hera

I figured would be a good time to write a quick post.

Today Google has updated the Google+ app for Android and, some pretty big changes were made. Most notably would have to be there is no longer the hamburger nav drawer. Some might not like this and I for one am one of those folks. I like the pull out nav drawer but, Google has opt'd for the quick tap navigation.

Another notable change is the removal of the new post bar at the bottom and replaced with a floating new post "bubble" of you will. I personally LOVE this change as it looks more attractive and like I've said in past posts, I'm a huge design nut. The whole app has pretty much been redesigned and I'm alright with that but wish they would go with their own guidelines. Transparency anyone?

This design was leaked last month along with a few other Google apps. Gmail was updated recently but no huge UI changes made. I think Google updating the Google+ app is just the beginning of Project Hera and maybe a glimpse of what a to come in the next major version of Android.

No comments:

Post a Comment